Tuesday 30 August 2011

Nieve's 1st Birthday Party

Saturday 26th August was my darling daughter's first birthday, and the following day we had a little get together BBQ at the house to celebrate :)

The day kicked off with birthday girl opening some of her lovely presents, with a little help from Caris and Olivia of course.




Nieve's beautiful dress was a gift from her mum's mum and papa for her birthday, isn't it pretty! She's also wearing a lovely bracelet given to her by her Auntie Karen when she was newborn.




After helping herself to the buffet it was time for the cake! I was really quite proud of my first ever icing job :0) naturally the cake is a chocolate Nigella Lawson extravaganza baked by yours truly.





Thanks to Andrea and Uncle Sam for her gorgeous balloon! Party girl wouldn't let go of it.



Snoopy (her Great Grandad's dog) was very well behaved and Nieve enjoyed having a 'doggen' at her party.  Great Grandma and Gran Ann enjoy a spot of vino and cake :)




A nice opportunity to get a very rare family picture :) and a lovely photo op with the mums! Great Grandma, Mummy, Mum's Mum and Gran Ann.




Nieve with her Mum's mum (not quite ready to be a grandma yet!).  Mum and Dad have been such a fantastic help with Nieve, I wouldn't have got through those first few months with my sanity (almost) intact without them.  I'm so fortunate that my mum is able to look after Nieve while I'm working and I'm very grateful to her for working her own job around me & Nieve, thanks Mum!

 


Hubby and his mum (AKA Gran Ann) Uncle Chris and other guests :)











Papa, my dad seems to have escaped from the camera, this is the only shot I have of him, but it's fun and I like it :)


And finally birthday girl enjoyed some time on her birthday trike from Gran Ann and Auntie Karen.





Thanks to all that came from far and wide to help celebrate our daughters first birthday, and much love to those who couldn't make it but I know wanted to be there :) She is a very lucky girl to have so many wonderful friends.

Happy Birthday Darling 

Mummy xxx









No comments:

Post a Comment