Tuesday 30 August 2011

Nieve 1 whole year old!

I can't quite believe I'm actually about to write a blog post about my daughter's 1st birthday, my little baby is a whole one year old! But first here's a little background on my little monster....

We had a particularly rocky start with this little madame.  I'm sure there are many more parents out there that have the same tale to tell.  Days, Nights, Hours of ferocious temper tantrum crying (yes from newborn onwards!!) breastfeeding struggles and a LOT of sleep depravation where the order of the day for the first 6 months of this little monkey's life.  However one fine day she decided enough was enough and she would like to sleep more than a couple of hours, in fact sleep through the night - hallelujah!!!!! After months of, well, torture! we finally had our little angel baby.

Nieve minutes old :)
Sleeping.... a rare sight! 
Nieve's usual!
Nieve 6 months on and sleeping, finally!
Now was the time to enjoy life, she was finally in her element...eating! Nieve LOVES her food and thankfully was a joy to wean, she's an independent girl and enjoyed feeding herself lots of yummy delights.


I took on weetabix and I conquered!


Time for mummy to get some independence back, for those of you who don't know, I'm a huge real nappy fan, so much so I'm a real nappy advisor :) I really enjoy helping people to understand the benefits of cloth nappies and I, of course have a lovely model on hand to show them just how they work! With a little help from family I was let loose on at the Scottish Baby and Toddler show, representing fill your pants as one of their nappy gurus.  I organised our stall at the event with 2 other scottish nappy gurus and was my first taste of mummy independence, I was back!




After months of feeling zombified and somewhat downtrodden I finally felt ready to face the world.  It wasn't till Nieve was around 8 months that I felt ready to face the big bad world again and this is when I put my head down to once again concentrate on my photography.

woop woop minestrone soup!

Feeling a little russian

Juggling being a full time mum and self employment isn't easy, but I know I can do it! and I know I'm certainly not the only one facing this challenge, in fact I'm surrounded by people in this industry who do exactly the same thing and that's very inspiring.  

Happiness is a washing basket full of pegs

One very hot (rare) day in summer

Who wouldn't want this little tinker hanging round with you to brighten you day? I really am a very lucky mummy.  Although working around her nap times and fitting work around when I can get a babysitter (mum!) is, simply exhausting I know one day soon we'll reach a happy medium and if I'm ever complaining I remind myself of those (true) sleep deprived days/nights and thank my lucky stars!


being a photographers assistant is exhausting!


Although those first months were the hardest, most exhausting, most terrifying and mentally challenging months of my life, I wouldn't change my daughter for the world.  She is a very determined young lady and knows exactly what she wants, and I think she will always be this way, it's the way she was made :)  When she looks up at me with those big blue eyes and smiles I say to myself it was worth every minute just to have that smile.


I love you with all my heart Nieve, don't you ever change because in the words of lady gaga, baby you were born this way!

Mummy xxx











No comments:

Post a Comment